Boy Stole my Heart

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 21..... 19 more to go

Fetal development in pregnancy week 21:fetus in fifth month Your beautiful little miracle-gro baby will be putting on a full ounce and a half this week (and weighing up to 16.5 ounces), but that’s just the beginning! Within the next five weeks, they’ll really be packin’ it on! For now, we’re pleased to report the addition of rapid eye movement (REM) a key component to any healthy baby’s sleep schedule. While in the dermatology department: their thin soft skin is very red, rather translucent, and a bit wrinkled. Not to worry, it’s not a premature aging disease. It's just their clever little body setting them up with extra space that will smooth out once your little one starts packing on the baby-fat. That won’t be for a few more weeks, though. So for the time being, your munchkin is still a little lean mean growing machine! The beginnings of what is commonly called “brown fat” is just starting to fill in to help your baby retain some body heat, which is crucial as they’re not yet capable of regulating their own body temperature.
And how's mom doing? We’ve hit trimester two and you're in full-swing pregnancy mode. Most moms are feeling pretty good right about now. Funnily enough, you may already be noticing some mild uterine contractions—don’t panic, this is completely normal. Actually, your uterus contracts throughout your whole life—only now that there’s enough pressure on the uterine muscles you can feel them more distinctly when they contract.

If you’re still deciding whether or not to buy gender-specific clothing, it’s time to bite the bullet and head in for an ultrasound... unless you’re not the planning type. Now that we have the technology, it’s fairly obvious to modern couples that determining the sex early on makes it easier to plan ahead, prepare the nursery, inform the family and purchase the right colored cigars. Of course to some parents, that’s not the point. You're going to love your little one whether they've got a cheeseburger or hot dog. Really though, many couples enjoy the suspense and choose to leave the sex as a final surprise. Talk with your partner and figure out what feels right for you. Just keep in mind that once you know, you can’t turn back!

I cant believe it has been 5 months already. I still remember how my life was when I found out I was pregnant. Life has changed sooo much!! For the better! I have met the most amazing guy. You all will have to meet him. He is as excited as I am for the baby to get here. His name is Brennan Ellett and he is going to school in Cedar right now. We have been dating for the past month and a half and he is the most amazing guy I have ever met. He has helped me with choosing names. That has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make. But I think that we have decided on the name Shayd. Or Shayde. The pregnancy has been going great. I have an ultrasound this Tuesday and I will keep everyone posted on how that goes and any pictures that I get I will be sure to put on here.
Soon Ill post some belly pictures. Its really starting to poke out there. Luckily I can still wear most of my pants and clothes. But I am definitely needing some maternity clothes. So any donations would be greatly appreciated! Love you all!!

No comments: