Boy Stole my Heart

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pee a little or bust a gut..... its nothing to cough or sneeze at!

I never knew where my bladder was till now. I pee every hour. Usually more than once an hour. And I don't dare even try to laugh or cough. I swear I pee my pants even if I hiccup. And the nights are the worst!! I almost want to wear a diaper to bed just so I can pee my pants so I don't have to get up so many times to go to the bathroom.
Being pregnant is a different world. And I'm only 11 weeks! I sleep all the time and I never seem to get enough sleep. I feel so fat and I've lost 4 lbs!!
So here's whats going on with me this week...
Fetal development in pregnancy week 11:fetus in third month

Maybe you’ve noticed… your baby is a super-duper grower! Your lil' fetus will be gaining a substantial amount of weight this week and has already achieved fruit-size-status comparable to a plum. What's more, your little scientist is already starting to explore their body, focusing most intently on touching their head, and especially their face and mouth. Their mouth in particular will provide them with hours of entertainment. This happens not only because your baby is gaining coordination, and is therefore able to move a hand on command, but also because their palms have gained sensation and can actually “feel” what it touches.They're also developing their swallow reflex this week. And lastly, your baby's smelling and other olfactory senses will begin developing this week, which when combined with the maturing taste buds, will provide your baby with their first experiences of taste and smell.
And how's mom doing? If you’re still enduring the joys of morning sickness, it should finally be subsiding to the point of non-existence by the end of this week. The growing placenta combined with your little one’s developing pituitary gland have given you a break on hormone production, so now your can focus on the fact you’re about to enter the second trimester of pregnancy, which can be most aptly characterized by lots of growth for both you and your little uterus-tenant.

At this point you should be making a conscious effort to gradually increase your consumption of healthy, vitamin-rich food, but remember: THIS DOES NOT MEAN LIFE IS NOW AN OPEN BUFFET. Think about it, if it’s not good for you, then it won’t do any good for your developing baby. If you’re finding that you’re still hungry after dinner, don’t simply default to having extra ice cream for dessert. Have a second helping of vegetables and fish, or whole grain bread with jam. Good nutrition is absolutely vital for your baby's brain and body development.

Additionally, make sure you’re taking “me-time” to center yourself and focus on your body’s interactions with your baby: listen to relaxing or inspiring music, read good books, think happy thoughts, you know, all the mentally stimulating stuff that puts you in a good mood and makes your pregnancy feel like a positive experience. In other words, watching international news isn't recommended. The better you treat your body and emotions now, the healthier and happier your child will be once “they’re on the outside.”

Isn't all this crazy? Last week the baby peed for the first time! HA!! No wonder I pee so much!! Im not the only one who pees. These little weekly updates are amazing and definitely give me something to look forward to. Its hard to keep my head up when everyone looks at this baby as such a burden to me. ITS NOT A BURDEN. Yes, my life will change. But I'm excited!! I cant wait for this little one to get here. I KNOW how hard its going to be, but it is going to be worth it. I have already been thinking about names for if its a girl and if its a boy. And how different life will be if I have a boy or if I have a girl. I still don't know what Kevin's going to do. I havent talked to him in over a month. And it is definitely best this way.

Well that's all for today! Just wanted you guys to know what's going on inside!

1 comment:

kristy said...

I love you!!! Stay Positive. I have already started collecting some good presents for the little pee er. haha. Babies are a blessing and will change your life forever. But it is a good change and the lord doesnt give you any trials that you cant handle. But use his help to get you through. I love you I love you I love You !!!